PSM, Professional Scrum Master, certification (2 days)
- Differentiate between traditional and agile approaches
- Understand the Scrum method
- Know the specific role of the Scrum Master
- Prepare for the PSM I certification exam
PrerequisitesBe comfortable with English
Target audienceScrum master
Targeted skills: Certification
- Why agile? Limitation of conventional methods.
- Agile principles. Profits.
- Remove received ideas.
- Comparison with traditional methods.
- The origins and the manifesto.
- Presentation of Scrum and other agile methods.
Exchanges Analysis and sharing of experiences.
- Scrum Master, Product Owner, development team.
- Product Owner (PO): representative of customers and users. Maximize the value of the product developed.
- Scrum Master (SM): responsible for the method. Maximize the value produced by the team.
- Responsibilities and daily life of the Scrum Master.
- Cross responsibilities between Scrum Master and Product Owner.
Scenario Analysis and reflection on roles.
- Estimation of Product Backlog items.
- User needs. User Stories.
- The Scrum Master in relation to the Product Backlog.
- Collaboration between the Product Owner, the Scrum Master and the team around the Product Backlog.
- Evolution of the Product Backlog.
Practical work Setting up of a Product Backlog. Work on Users Stories.
- Visual management tools (product backlog, scrum board, kanban board).
- Work rate.
- Communicate, coach, motivate and increase team performance.
- Management of remote teams.
Scenario Improve team performance.
- Sprint. Increment and deliverables.
- Daily Scrum. Update on tasks and difficulties.
- Planning meeting. Estimate the what and how for the next Sprint.
- Sprint review. Validate what has been produced.
- Sprint retrospective. Points for improvement.
- Sprint Backlog. Management of capital gains.
Practical work Implementation of Sprints. Role play around meetings.
Technical teaching and supervision resources
- Tips for the exam.
- Mock exam with commented correction.
- Blank situation under examination conditions.
the means allowing to follow the execution of the action and to appreciate the results - Exam Passing of the Professional Scrum Master I certification of Scrum.org. The exam (MCQ in English) is passed open book.